Who We Work With
We work with people of all ages and all backgrounds making a lasting difference to their lives. Our particular focus is on mental health, wellbeing and community empowerment.
Our expertise lies in the following areas:
- People who experience mental health problems
- Adults and families experiencing complex needs
- Elders – In Care Home settings, Dementia services and isolated individuals
- Developing healthy and sustainable places and communities
As part of the above we work with:
- Children, young people and families
- Women with post-natal depression
- Vulnerable adults
- Women within the criminal justice system
- Young carers and carers
- People with learning difficulties
- Older people
Key to our ethos is the progression and development of our participants and ensuring they have access to the arts and wider opportunities within the community. We spend a lot of time helping our groups to become self-sufficient with some progressing to become peer-led support groups, charities or social enterprises.
We are always looking to collaborate with other organisations on creative projects. Over the years we have worked with, and continue to work with an array of community and cultural organisations including:
- B&NES Adult Care, Health and Nursing
- St Mungos
- Julian House
- Bath Mind
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Mentoring Plus
- Health Visiting teams
- BANES Arts Development Team
- Mental Health Trust
- Eastwood Park Prison
- Children in Care Services
- Bath Festivals Trust
- BANES Childrens Services
- Bath Preservation Trust
…to name but a few!
In the past we have been lucky to receive funding for our various projects from many sources. We feel very privileged to currently be receiving Arts Council National Portfolio funding. We also receive funding from the Bath and North East Somerset Council, St John’s, Quartet Foundation, Radstock Town Council and the Bearing Foundation.
Creativity Works is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. We develop and deliver projects closely with community partners, ensuring that our projects address local priorities. We are continually looking to meet with new communities and organisations to create projects that empower individuals and groups. We would be pleased to hear from you if you would like to invest in us, and in so doing assist the communities within which we work.