Communications and Administration Coordinator (part-time, maternity cover)
Do you have initiative and a creative flair to produce inspiring communications? Enjoy organising the day-to-day running of an office?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to get your teeth into a vital role within our arts organisation on a part-time basis. You could be doing a variety of activities day-to-day from collating articles and putting together our monthly e-newsletter, updating our website, designing leaflets and posters, to taking bookings over the phone or speaking to our IT company to source the best equipment for our office. You will be part of a creative and flexible team who enjoy making a difference to communities throughout BANES and the local area.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Overseeing and advising on all areas of marketing communications – both externally and internally, including delivery of the majority of marketing communications requirements.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office from stationery orders to the general working order of the IT and phone systems.
- Manage the migration of company contact information onto a new database.
- Oversee Board/trustee communications and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
We are looking for someone…
- with a cheerful disposition and a creative flair
- with experience in communications
- IT savvy – conversant in Microsoft Office and happy using both PCs and Apple Macs.
- willing to tackle anything & task driven
- happy to organise people when needed
- willing to attend occasional events out of hours as well as Board meetings (every two months, to take notes).
- with an interest in the arts and how the creative process can positively change lives
Salary: £20 – 22k, pro rata, depending on experience
Hours: 19 hours per week, working pattern to be negotiated.
Timescale: We are looking for someone to start in June, or earlier if possible, for up to 13 months contract.
For more details read the Job Description & Personal Specification.
If you have any specific queries regarding the position do contact firstname.lastname@example.org / or call the office on 01761 438852.
To apply for the post
Please download and complete the Job Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (available on our website), and email both to: email@example.com, by 9am on Monday the 25th April.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday the 3rd May.