“Brilliant … Informative … Fun … Refreshing … Well paced … Wonderfully upbeat … Inspiring .. I feel confident after today.”
This was some of the feedback from participants who attended Creativity Works’ Facilitating Creativity and Mental Well Being workshop on 20 January. The one-day training organised as part of Creativity Works’ co|Create programme of continuing professional development was aimed at building the skills of creative practitioners to enable them to work in settings where participants may have significant mental health challenges.
- Creative icebreakers
- Mental health awareness (led by Trainee Peer Mentor for Mungo’s Broadway Bridges To Wellbeing, Phoebe Kitcher)
- The Five Ways to Well Being
- The role of the facilitator
- Practical workshop skills, including behaviour management
- Giving feedback
- Creative reflection journaling
- Safeguarding and boundaries
- Finding work in the field.